A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ONLINE REVIEW SYSTEM OF TOURISM PRODUCTS USING ETHEREUM
Rapid technological advances have made blockchain technology applicable not only to digital money, but in various fields. One of the areas that can be implemented by blockchain is digital tourism, specifically in the online review system of tourism products. The current online review system has several problems due to its centralized nature. The problem faced is the manipulation of review data which can be in the form of review deletion by a centralized party. This research proposes a decentralized online review system using the Ethereum blockchain technology, Smart Contracts, and IPFS to provide a secure, transparent, and trustworthy online review system platform. The purpose of this research is to implement a permission-less blockchain as a storage for reviews (review forms and log notes) and develop a web application as a user interface. The data used is data from travel sites which contain details about hotels and restaurants in Bukhara. The results displayed are the development of a web application that implements a permission-less blockchain using Ethereum and the system performance is displayed based on system testing, which comprised of unit testing and Black-Box testing.
Luca, M. (2016). Reviews, reputation, and revenue: The case of Yelp.com. Harvard Business School NOM Unit Working Paper(12-016). doi:10.2139/ssrn.1928601
McCarthy, L., Stock, D., & Verma, R. (2010). How Travelers Use Online and Social Media Channels to Make Hotel-Choice Decisions. Cornell Hospitality Report, X(8). Retrieved 2020, from https://ecommons.cornell.edu/handle/1813/71099
Mukherjee, A., Liu, B., & Glance, N. (2012). Spotting Fake Reviewer Groups in Consumer Reviews. WWW'12 - Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on World Wide Web, 191-200.
Rizal, M. R. (2021). A Blockchain-Based Online Review System Of Tourism Products. Universitas Gunadarma.
Salah, K., Alfalasi, A., & Alfalasi, M. (2019). A Blockchain-based System for Online Consumer Reviews. IEEE INFOCOM 2019 - IEEE Conference on Computer Communications Workshops (INFOCOM WKSHPS), 853-858.
Wang, F., & Hannafin, M. J. (2005). Design-based research and technology-enhanced learning environments. Educational Technology Research and Development, LIII(4), 5-23.
Williams, D. (2018). Australian hotel chain fined $2.2 million for manipulating TripAdvisor reviews. Retrieved October 8, 2020, from https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/australia-tripadvisor-hotel-fined-trnd/index.html
Abstract viewed = 2 times
PDF downloaded = 5 times
Copyright (c) 2021 Mohamad Rafi Raihan Rizal
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The copyright of any article in the TECHNO Nusa Mandiri Journal is fully held by the author under the Creative Commons CC BY-NC license.
- The copyright in each article belongs to the author.
- Authors retain all their rights to published works, not limited to the rights set out on this page.
- The author acknowledges that Techno Nusa Mandiri: Journal of Computing and Information Technology (TECHNO Nusa Mandiri) is the first to publish with a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license (CC BY-NC).
- Authors can enter articles separately, manage non-exclusive distribution, from manuscripts that have been published in this journal into another version (for example: sent to author affiliation respository, publication into books, etc.), by acknowledging that the manuscript was published for the first time in Techno Nusa Mandiri: Journal of Computing and Information Technology (TECHNO Nusa Mandiri);
- The author guarantees that the original article, written by the stated author, has never been published before, does not contain any statements that violate the law, does not violate the rights of others, is subject to the copyright which is exclusively held by the author.
- If an article was prepared jointly by more than one author, each author submitting the manuscript warrants that he has been authorized by all co-authors to agree to copyright and license notices (agreements) on their behalf, and agrees to notify the co-authors of the terms of this policy. Techno Nusa Mandiri: Journal of Computing and Information Technology (TECHNO Nusa Mandiri) will not be held responsible for anything that may have occurred due to the author's internal disputes.