IMPLEMENTATION OF DECISION TREE AND K-NN CLASSIFICATION OF INTEREST IN CONTINUING STUDENT SCHOOL
Implementasi Decision Tree Dan K-NN Dalam Klasifikasi Minat Siswa Melanjutkan Sekolah
Education is important to prepare quality Human Resources (HR) because quality human resources is an important factor for the nation and state development. Therefore, it is expected that every citizen has the right to get high educational opportunities from the 12-year compulsory education level. This study aims to implement the Decision Tree and K-NN algorithm in the classification of student interest in continuing school. This study proposes combining the Decision Tree and K-NN algorithm methods to improve accuracy with the Gain Ratio, Information Gain and Gini Index approaches for the measurement process. The test results show that the use of the Decision Tree algorithm produces an accuracy value of 97.30% while using the K-NN algorithm produces an accuracy of 89.60%. While the proposed method by combining the Decision Tree and K-NN algorithms produces an accuracy value of 98.07%. The results of evaluation measurements using the Area Under Curve (AUC) on the Decision Tree algorithm are 0.992 and the AUC on K-NN is 0.958 and on the combination of the Decision Tree and K-NN algorithms of 0.979. These results indicate that the proposed algorithm is very significant towards increasing accuracy in the classification of the interests of high school students continuing school
Arifin, A. A., & Ratnasari, S. (2017). Hubungan Minat Melanjutkan Pendidikan ke Perguruan Tinggi dengan Motivasi Belajar Siswa. JURKAM: Jurnal Konseling Andi Matappa, 1(1), 77–82. https://journal.stkip-andi-matappa.ac.id/index.php/jurkam/article/view/9
Badan Pusat Statistik. (2017). Potret Pendidikan Indonesia Statistik Pendidikan. Badan Pusat Statistik.
Dervisevic, O., Zunic, E., Donko, D., & Buza, E. (2019). Application of KNN and Decision Tree Classification Algorithms in the Prediction of Education Success from the Edu720 Platform. 2019 4th International Conference on Smart and Sustainable Technologies, SpliTech 2019. https://doi.org/10.23919/SpliTech.2019.8783102
Peraturan Pemerintah Republik Indonesia Nomor 47 Tahun 2008 Tentang Wajib Belajar, Pub. L. No. 47, 10 (2008). https://peraturan.bpk.go.id/Home/Details/4861/pp-no-47-tahun-2008
Muhammad, M. (2017). PENGARUH MOTIVASI DALAM PEMBELAJARAN. Lantanida Journal, 4(2), 87–97. https://jurnal.ar-raniry.ac.id/index.php/lantanida/article/view/1881
Nugroho, M. F., & Wibowo, S. (2017). Fitur Seleksi Forward Selection Untuk Menetukan Atribut Yang Berpengaruh Pada Klasifikasi Kelulusan Mahasiswa Fakultas Ilmu Komputer UNAKI Semarang Menggunakan Algoritma Naive Bayes. Jurnal Informatika Upgris, 3(1), 63–70. https://doi.org/10.26877/jiu.v3i1.1669
Prasojo, L. D., Mukminin, A., & Mobmudoh, F. N. (2018). Manajemen Human Capital dalam Pendidikan.
Sadewo, M. G., Windarto, A. P., & Wanto, A. (2018). Penerapan Algoritma Clustering Dalam Mengelompokkan Banyaknya Desa/Kelurahan Menurut Upaya Antisipasi/ Mitigasi Bencana Alam Menurut Provinsi Dengan K-Means. KOMIK (Konferensi Nasional Teknologi Informasi Dan Komputer), 2(No.1 Oktober 2018), 311–319. https://doi.org/10.30865/komik.v2i1.943
Saputri, D. U. E., Nugraha, F. septia, Hidayat, T., Latif, A., Suryadi, A., & Pohan, A. B. (2020). Final Report of Independent Research: Implementation of Decision Tree and K-NN in the Classification of Student Interest Level Continuing School.
Suyitno, F. A. (2016). Faktor-Faktor Yang Mempengaruhi Minat Siswa Untuk Melanjutkan Studi SMK Jurusan TKR di SMP N 34 Purworejo. Jurnal Autotech, 8(2), 113–118. http://ejournal.umpwr.ac.id/index.php/autotext/article/view/3112
Abstract viewed = 574 times
PDF downloaded = 248 times
The copyright of any article in the TECHNO Nusa Mandiri Journal is fully held by the author under the Creative Commons CC BY-NC license.
- The copyright in each article belongs to the author.
- Authors retain all their rights to published works, not limited to the rights set out on this page.
- The author acknowledges that Techno Nusa Mandiri: Journal of Computing and Information Technology (TECHNO Nusa Mandiri) is the first to publish with a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license (CC BY-NC).
- Authors can enter articles separately, manage non-exclusive distribution, from manuscripts that have been published in this journal into another version (for example: sent to author affiliation respository, publication into books, etc.), by acknowledging that the manuscript was published for the first time in Techno Nusa Mandiri: Journal of Computing and Information Technology (TECHNO Nusa Mandiri);
- The author guarantees that the original article, written by the stated author, has never been published before, does not contain any statements that violate the law, does not violate the rights of others, is subject to the copyright which is exclusively held by the author.
- If an article was prepared jointly by more than one author, each author submitting the manuscript warrants that he has been authorized by all co-authors to agree to copyright and license notices (agreements) on their behalf, and agrees to notify the co-authors of the terms of this policy. Techno Nusa Mandiri: Journal of Computing and Information Technology (TECHNO Nusa Mandiri) will not be held responsible for anything that may have occurred due to the author's internal disputes.